Meet Author Ashlynn Pearce

Hi! I'm Ashlynn Pearce and welcome to the Crazy Corner Blogfest!

I write contemporary romance with a lil spice. Because my characters demand spicy. Yes, they tell me what to do, and yes, my Hubs thinks I'm nuts. Worse than that, they argue with me and most usually win. I try to reason with them and I've gotten everything from the hard stare to them out-and-out yelling at me.


So since we got that out of the way, and you know I'm nuts, I can move on to why you're really here.

Romance! And let's face it, those adorable, alpha, sexy, geeky, rockin' book boyfriends.

I have a new series called DirtSlap ~ FUEL, WRECK, KRUSH (a short I call 2.5 will be out August 2015) & two more in the works. DirtSlap is a band in Nashville, but are they country? Kinda….They are a lil bit of country, a dash of metal…and a whole lot of dirt.

(and as a treat, the first chapter of FUEL is free to read on my website  www.ashlynnpearce.com )

So I thought I would start out with a little interview I did of Thrand the drummer of DirtSlap and hero of FUEL. 

I pulled up to the address. Two trucks and a two Harleys sit in the drive.

Great…the entire band was here. I ring the doorbell, my nerves getting the better of me. Sure, I knew these guys, (I created them) but still, I have no idea what to expect.

The door is yanked open and the guy’s warm brown eyes sparkle as he flashes me a cocky grin.

“We got a groupie,” he yells to the guys inside.

“Uh, no. Just here to interview Thrand, and you must be Ryan.”

“Thrand? Why the hell would you interview him? You should interview me.” He waggles his eyebrows and opens the door wider so I can come in.

“Cause you’re a punk,” another guy says. “Don’t make us put you in a corner. And she’s interviewing me cause I started this band. Not you.”


Ryan is cute but Thrand captures my attention. Tall, about six foot, with intense gray-blue eyes. He's got short hair clipped close to his head and barely there scruff. He’s wearing a tank and exposes the tattooed sleeve on his left arm. Wide shoulders with clear definition of muscle in his arms and he makes my mouth a little dry.

“Actually, I’m interviewing you for your story. Not really because of the band. And sorry if I’m late.”

“You’re not late. They’re early. And for my story, huh?” He rubs the back of his neck while he stands there casually.

I can’t seem to not stare at the way he moves. Smooth and fluid, it’s a tad nerve-wracking. Then I catch a glimpse of the insanely tall guy leaning against the bar and I lose all track of thought. Looking like he belongs on a metal stage, he wears all black, with a lip ring, gauges and sports black mussed spiky hair. He smirks when he catches me staring and I about swallow my tongue when I spot dimples.

“Yeah, I’m Ethan.”

That's all his says but that Georgian drawl makes me blink.

“So what do you want to know?” Thrand asks as he walks over and sits on his drum stool and adjusts a few things.

It forces my attention back to the task at hand. Except, then I notice a guy hunched over a bass, with hair hanging in his face. He doesn’t even look at me. That must be Zak. I clear my throat and focus on Thrand who’s looking at me expectantly.
“Sorry, I didn’t know everyone would be here. So I’ll ask you what I asked, Cassie.”

“You interviewed, Cas?” His brows draw together and he frowns.

“Yes, I did. She didn’t really have patience for the interview.”

He chuckles. “Cause she doesn’t have any.”

“No. She didn’t seem to. First question, what is your ideal of perfect happiness?”

Ryan snorts and blurts out, “A happy ending. It’s what all guys want.”

Ethan cuffs him on the back of the head. “I don’t think that’s what she meant.”

Heat creeps up my neck as I try to ignore Ryan’s crude remark.

Thrand glares at Ryan then says, “I’d say getting out of Oklahoma. Everything after that is gravy.”

I scribble it down, thinking Cassie said about the same thing. “Your greatest fear?” The room is eerily quiet and it seems the entire band want to know the answer to that one. Thrand is obviously thinking about it as he leans forward, elbows on his knees.

“Never being able to make music again.” His words are measured, his eyes hooded.

I get the impression he’s not being totally honest here. “What quality do you like best in a woman?”

“Big tits,” Ryan says and jumps up, prancing around the room, and acts like he’s cupping boobs.

I can’t help but laugh as I turn back to Thrand who is just shaking his head at Ryan.

“You know there is more in life than tits and beer, right?”

Ryan looks shocked then rolls his eyes.

“One day a girl is going to come along and knock you right on your ass,” Thrand replies.

“Naw. Watching it happen to you has been scary enough.”

“He has a point,” Ethan said. “That girl has you running in circles.”

Thrand’s jaw worked. “There’s nothing going on there. She’s just a friend.”

“Sure. I’ll believe that when you convince me Santa is real,” Ryan took a swig of his beer as he fell onto the couch.

I don’t have to ask about who they are talking about. I met Cassie. She’s a whirlwind.

 “You have any other questions?” Thrand asks and twirls a drumstick in his hand.

“Last one. What do you regard as the lowest depths of misery?”

He instantly pales and his eyes darken. “Lady, that’s a real damn personal question and we have band practice.”

With that, I’m ushered out the door without a chance to say anything else. I walk slowly to my car as I hear the bang and crash of drums and the riffs of guitar. That didn’t go well at all and I’d wished they’d would have let me stay and watch DirtSlap in action.
 






So now that you've gotten a taste of FUEL and a lil bit of the band, WRECK is #2. It releases May 7th but you can pre-order it now.

This is all about sex-on-a-stick Ethan. The lead singer of DirtSlap. This man just makes me drool. I'm sorry but he does.

WRECK
DirtSlap Series #2

Will butterflies be his salvation?

Ethan Tackett is a nightmare. Big as life and in your face, he makes no apologies for who he is…an orphan who grew up fighting for survival. He ends up in Nashville, the lead singer of DirtSlap—a band of misfits much like himself. He owns the stage, unleashing his demons and pain into every lyric. But when alone, the horrors of his past haunt him. Peace eludes him, until a chance taste of perfect lips.

Shelby Renner’s life is a farce. None of it real and none of it her choosing. She escapes Houston’s high society to take care of her deceased grandmother’s home in Nashville and discovers a whole other world…including Ethan. His bold tattoos and lip ring fascinate her. His dimples lure her in. Nothing feels more honest and alive than his black gaze on hers. 

But the past closes in, threatening their fragile bond. Can two damaged souls dig through the wreckage to find a life together?

Amazon Pre-order link -- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VIRPSA6


********************************
A lil more about me ~

Were it not for Hope, the Heart would Break…

That's my motto, and why I write.

(I always wanted to start a bio like that!) But seriously—scrap that, I’m not serious, but I do love to write. Create characters. Give them hope that there is something better around the corner. It’s my passion. I live and breathe stories. When I’m not arguing with the characters in my head (yes, I do that, you can ask my hubby who thinks I’m nuts btw), I’m taking care of said hubby, my two kids and a melee of furbabies. I’m Okie born and bred and, yes, we get a lot of twisters and, no, there aren’t any teepees around that I’ve seen. Follow me around to see what other mischief I’m up to!




Don't forget to check out the other authors in the romance blogfest!!


Apryl Baker

3 comments: