Meet Author Lisa Swallow



Rock stars, bacon sandwiches, secret holidays, smart girls, a Disney princess and a scarlet haired rock chick. Isn't it time you met the Blue Phoenix boys?

Summer Sky (Blue Phoenix #1)

Sky changed her life for a man once, and she has no intention of doing it again - even if he is a six-foot, tattooed rock god who makes a mean bacon sandwich.

Sky Davis is fed up of boyfriend Grant taking her for granted, and when she comes home to find him wearing a girl, Sky suspects the relationship is over. She takes an unscheduled vacation and leaves the life (and guy) she hates behind.

Rock star Dylan Morgan is struggling with fame and infamy, sick of his life being controlled by other people. Dylan cuts his hair and walks away from his role as lead singer of Blue Phoenix, leaving behind chaos and speculation.

Outside the English seaside town of Broadbeach, their cars and worlds collide.

Currently FREE!



Meet the main characters, Sky and Dylan in this exclusive interview:

1.Sky, Dylan what were your first impressions of each other.
Sky (smiles at Dylan): His first impression on me was a dent in my car, so not good.
Dylan: She accused me of being a dickhead driving a penis extension. People don’t talk to me like that normally so I wasn’t impressed.
Sky: What you mean is I didn’t fall at your feet when you gave me your best smouldering look.
Dylan: I thought Sky was funny in a pissed off, red-faced, sexy way. And a bit weird because she drove off like I was mass-murderer or something
Sky: No, just an underwear-thief…


2.One thing you love/hate about each other
Sky: Dylan hangs onto the past too much and he’s a lot more sensitive than people think so it messes with his head. He needs to let go and move on. I also hate how he tries to run away from his problems. What I love? He’s an amazing, strong person who shows me he loves me every day. Plus…well, look at him!
Dylan: I love and hate her straight-talking, she has one sarcastic mouth. But, she loves me for everything I am and I couldn’t imagine a life without her in it. Sky’s such a strong person and she’s naturally gorgeous and the opposite of all the false people that have filled my life in recent years.

3.Dylan what’s the worst thing that’s happened in your life? What did you learn from it?
Dylan: The worst? My family disowning me a couple of years after Blue Phoenix got big. That’s the point I lost the old Dylan Morgan and turned into the cliché, because the people I loved didn’t think he existed anymore. Sky made me go back to St Davids and reconnect with the past and I learnt the only Dylan Morgan that exists is the one I want to. There’re also things I’ve done that I’m not proud of and they have taken a lot of time to deal with.


4.The real world was always going to interfere in your fantasy world. Do you often wish you could turn back the clock?
Dylan: I wish we’d had longer together before Sky found out who the other Dylan Morgan was, because that was the most freedom I’d felt in years.
Sky: But it doesn’t matter now, because we have a lifetime together and we create our own world between his and mine.

5.Sky, your first impression of Jem Jones, Blue Phoenix’s lead guitarist?
Sky: The very first time? He scared me. Jem was high and agressive so I got away from him as quickly as I could. Our second meeting wasn’t much better. I understand him more now, Jem and Dylan aren’t that different underneath they just deal with things differently.

6.Dylan talk us through your feelings when Sky discovered your dark secret?
Dylan: It’s not something we really talk about now because it fucked things up so badly. I couldn’t cope with her finding out so I ran and buried myself back into my old lifestyle. It didn’t work and Sky’s taught me I can’t run from shit and expect it to disappear, because it never does.

7.How would you describe fame Dylan and its price on your life?
Dylan: Double-edged sword. I got what I wanted – to live my life performing and creating plus getting paid a lot for it. In the early days, I didn’t care, loved every minute but after a while it becomes hard when the whole world thinks they own a piece of you. I didn’t know who I was anymore.

8.Sky, Dylan what are you most afraid of?
Sky: For us? Nothing, really. I do worry what will happen when Blue Phoenix start touring again and how Dylan will cope being back under the spotlight (literally). I’m happy with life.
Dylan: Losing Sky. Which is why I’ve put all the fame bullshit behind me and I’m focusing on her and the future


9.How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?
Sky: If you’d told me this would be my life a couple of years ago, I’d have laughed at you.
Dylan: Yeah, you didn’t even like Blue Phoenix and now look…
Sky: The one thing I’d change is the lack of privacy. I can’t wait until Dylan is a boring, has-been.
Dylan: Yep, I’ll live by the sea, with my dribbling wife asleep on the sofa.
Sky: Very funny
Dylan: I’m with Sky on this, I hate the lack of privacy. Not sure I want to be a has-been though.

10.       Do you think your experiences both together and apart have made you better people? A stronger couple?
Dylan: I wouldn’t have survived if I hadn’t met Sky, I know that sounds dramatic but things were going downhill and fast. That’s where the strength we share comes in. I describe her as the song I never knew I could write, and her love the music I always wanted to hear.
Sky: I wasn’t in a good place when I met Dylan and didn’t want to trust anyone again. I couldn’t believe someone could fall in love so quickly. But he taught me that love isn’t something you find in the places you look hardest, but love is something that finds you. A part of Dylan lives in the centre of who I am and I think that’s what kept us together when things were at their darkest.

11.       One thing about yourselves that nobody else knows
Sky: Dylan is an avid shell-collector (laughs)
Dylan: Sky got a tattoo…

Summer Sky is Currently FREE!



Find out more about Lisa Swallow and the Blue Phoenix series here:


**Newsletter sign up**: http://eepurl.com/Po81D
 

Make sure to check out the other authors in the blogfest!!

Apryl Baker

1 comment: