Meet Author Emma Michaels



A Few of my Favorite Things by Emma Michaels

I think every author has a driving force and while I have a lot of creative outlets (I am a cover artist, blogger, love to draw, etc.) I find that the one driving force that really pushes me when I am writing are quotes. I don’t have a very hard time getting in the mood to write since I am slightly obsessed but I love to have little reminders for why I am writing and what I hope to accomplish. So I have quotes in the front of my notebooks, in files on my computer or even photoshopped onto desktop backgrounds. 

The quotes I love most can come from just about anywhere. In the front of my current notebook I have everything from random quotes I saw on facebook images to Lord Byron, the Bible, Winston Chruchill, Dr. Suess, J. K. Rowling and more. Here are some of the quotes that drive me:

“Miracles start to happen when you put as much energy into your dreams as you do to your fears.”-Random facebook image
“It is the quality of one’s convictions that determines success, not the number of followers.” –Lupin in HPTDH2

“I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” -Winston Churchhill

“If I do not write to empty my mind, I go mad.” -Lord Byron
“The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.” -Andre Gide

“Don’t cry because it is over. Smile because it happened.” -Dr. Seuss

“If there’s a book you really want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”  -Toni Morrison

“What we see will last only a short time, but what we cannot see will last forever.”  -2 Corinthians 4:18

“Change does not mean rejecting what was; it means embracing what could be.” –Random facebook image

“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” –William Wordsworth

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.” –J. K. Rowling

“I have discovered that patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.” –Joyce Meyer

And “You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to life being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” –Barbara Sher

As you can guess, these aren’t quotes I really actively seek, they just kind of pop up in my life and that is part of why I love them. These quotes remind me that words have power and can change a moment, or even change a life. They can brighten a day or help a person to understand something they hadn’t considered before. Books, writing and words saved me and now it is like they are a part of who I am, a part of how I grow. So one last quote to leave you with and this one is directly from me to you:

“Let words move you.”

I did and no matter what the future may hold I will never truly regret it. Words have made me who I am today and hopefully will make me the better person I hope to be tomorrow. For every word you read, you are unleashing a new passion in your heart and that passion can be used to help you accomplish anything your future may bring your way.

Check out the other authors in the blogfest!!!

Apryl Baker

1 comment: